Friday 21 March 2014

Spring inspiration!

After a manic few weeks, the first spring-like day that I have had free I thought I would visit the beautiful Courts Garden in Holt and share the wonderful spring flower and nature pictures I took there...




These primroses brightened up my morning - the colours were so soft and yet vivid.  




Beautiful carpets of bluebells, daffodils, grape hyacinths and snowdrops - classic spring flowers which were a real joy to see.  I find being in the midst of nature always brightens your mood and clears your head!











These two were more unusual to me - Siberian Squill (Scilla Siberica) - looks very similar to a bluebell but seems to me more elegant - this colour is apparently very in this year - I may go and look for some fabric in this gorgeous shade of blue!

The Snakes Head Fritillary on the right looked so delicate, I wondered how it coped in the high winds. The head gardener had asked everyone to check them for red mites which may be very damaging, so I had a close look but thankfully couldn't see any...



My friends on the wonderful Gardeners World Magazine forum helped remind me of the name of these lovely sun-drenched flowers - Hellebores.  I have some of these in my garden, but the large-scale planting here was amazing.











Lots of inspiration here for spring projects with these hyacinths and anemones.  The sunshine and vivid colours have given me a bit of a boost to fire up the imagination!

Happy crafting!


Lou x

No comments:

Post a Comment