Monday 17 February 2014

Spring into action!

After a busy week or so with floods and family members having accidents I need a few quiet days at home, especially after a manic week at work...

Finally knuckling down to sorting out my stash and getting subscriptions sorted to several craft, I then got a bit over-excited at the thought of some new projects.  Hence a virtual 'shopping trip' to Wool Warehouse for their gorgeous range of Drop Paris Cotton.  I think I now own enough of this fabulous yarn to open my own shop!


My ideas for this are around Spring - although sadly there is no sign of this yet for us (especially in the South-West of England where I live!) - so I have bought myself the most delicious looking combination of ice-cream colours and soft greys, neutrals and a little pop of colour here and there with some yellow and green.  I am planning some bunting and perhaps some Easter animals with this fabulous yarn.

Having spent the weekend with my amazing Mum, who is so talented and creative with her sewing and patchwork, then a second brainwave came upon me and I hastened to a new favourite online shop, Deramores, to buy some King Cole Magnum Lightweight Chunky.  


This yarn is slightly against my usual rules - I tend to work mainly with natural fibres and this is rather anathema to me at 75% acrylic.  However I have decided that when using for cushion covers, is is practical and easily cleaned and it still has a good wool content.  

Being out and about shopping with Mum this weekend has confirmed to me that animals, birds and the natural world is still a very big focus at the moment, so I will be coming up with more ideas shortly to make the most of this.

Most excitingly, I have booked a place at the Bath Artisan Market in March - I went to check it out in February and it is crammed with wonderful stalls, selling everything from organic handmade soaps and needle-felting kits to delicious chocolate flavoured with violets and roses.

So lots to do, little time and my cat Ella nagging me constantly for either food, cuddles or games.  How will I fit it all in!?

Happy crafting



Lou x   

No comments:

Post a Comment